I’ve always been curious about this, and a while ago, I decided to look into it further.
I know most people say they’re one type of enneagram with a wing. If you haven’t seen the diagram it looks like this ↡
I don’t fall into this category. I took the test with Marshall Aeon ↠ here ↞
Turns out, I’m a 9, 7, and a 4.
Type 9: The Peacemaker
Peacemakers are receptive, good-natured, and supportive. They seek union with others and the world around them.
How to Get Along with Me
- If you want me to do something, how you ask is important. I especially don’t like expectations or pressure. ↠ So true.
- I like to listen and to be of service, but don’t take advantage of this. ↠ Yep!
- Listen until I finish speaking, even though I meander a bit. ↠ Always.
- Give me time to finish things and make decisions. It’s OK to nudge me gently and nonjudgmentally. ↠ This is important, I overanalyze and think a lot just to be sure.
- Ask me questions to help me get clear. ↠ Yes, because sometimes I get lost in the details.
- Tell me when you like how I look. I’m not averse to flattery. ↠ It’s always nice to hear 🙂
- Hug me, show physical affection. It opens me up to my feelings. ↠ Yes, please!
- I like a good discussion but not a confrontation. ↠ Very true.
- Let me know you like what I’ve done or said. ↠ It helps me stay motivated and focused.
- Laugh with me and share in my enjoyment of life. ↠ Happiness is only real when shared.
What I Like About Being a Nine
- Being nonjudgmental and accepting. ↠ I like to look at all sides, and maybe I’m a devil’s advocate because I dont’ take sides or play favorites, but I’m passionate about what I believe in.
- Caring for and being concerned about others. ↠ Huge empathetic heart, maybe it’s because I’m a Pisces.
- Being able to relax and have a good time. ↠ There’s nothing I love more than to relax, whether it’s reading, hiking, sipping a beverage, or a nap.
- Knowing that most people enjoy my company; I’m easy to be around. ↠ I’ll be your best friend, I’m good at that 🙂
- My ability to see many different sides of an issue and to be a good mediator and facilitator. ↠ Yes! I really like to lay down all the facts.
- My heightened awareness of sensations, aesthetics, and the here and now. ↠ I’m ultra-sensitive, and always notice the little things, it’s all in the details.
- Being able to go with the flow and feel one with the universe. ↠ For the most part, even though I’m a planner by nature and trade, I am usually and captain chill for most things!
What’s Hard About Being a Nine
- Being judged and misunderstood for being placid and/or indecisive. ↠ I’m super indecisive, I’m one of those people who put things in their cart and then puts them back in random places in the store… you wouldn’t want to go shopping with me.
- Being critical of myself for lacking initiative and discipline. ↠ Pisces here, so I’m inherently lazy. I lack discipline in areas I need it most, and I’m hard on myself for my failures. Failure scares me and prevents me from pushing myself further.
- Being too sensitive to criticism; taking every raised eyebrow and twitch of the mouth personally. ↠ Ok, we get it, I’m an emotional Pisces. Please be careful in how you speak with me, I might take it too personally, and yes, I saw you roll your eyes, Karen.
- Being confused about what I really want. ↠ All the time, it’s always changing! But I think this is a process in which we evolve and we grow. Change is good.
- Caring too much about what others will think of me. ↠ Yes, which is inhibits me from feeling myself and being vulnerable around people. I tend to be reserved on the things I may feel judged for.
- Not being listened to or taken seriously. ↠ People have told me it’s ‘cute’ when I’m mad… seriously? I loathe not being taken seriously. Usually, if I’m passionate about something, I’ve spent a lot of time carefully planning, thinking, researching and creating a conversation in my head.
Type 7: The Enthusiast
Enthusiasts are energetic, lively, and optimistic. They want to contribute to the world.
How to Get Along with Me
- Give me companionship, affection, and freedom. ↠ I’ll feel more comfortable if I know I have these things.
- Engage with me in stimulating conversation and laughter. ↠ Laughter is the best medicine.
- Appreciate my grand visions and listen to my stories. ↠ Because I have a lot of them! My Pisces nature is that I’m a dreamer.
- Don’t try to change my style. Accept me the way I am. ↠ I will never fit into a box and be a carbon copy, we might mesh, but we sure are different, and that will have to be accepted.
- Be responsible for yourself. I dislike clingy or needy people. ↠ I’m super independent and cannot have someone clingy by my side, I need space and time to reflect and relax. I enjoy my quiet and alone time.
- Don’t tell me what to do. ↠ Yeah… you’re not my boss, I’m my own boss.
What I Like About Being a Seven
- Being optimistic and not letting life’s troubles get me down. ↠ But sometimes they do, but I remain hopefully optimistic on most occasions!
- Being spontaneous and free-spirited. ↠ I’m a wild bird, baby, let me fly.
- Being outspoken and outrageous. It’s part of the fun. ↠ Mmm, sometimes I’m outspoken when I feel victimized or passionate, but I usually try to keep to myself for fear of judgment.
- Being generous and trying to make the world a better place. ↠ I’m always looking for ways to save money, energy, time, and the environment, and how I can help others.
- Having the guts to take risks and to try exciting adventures. ↠ I get bored easily and quickly and hate routine. I love trying new things!
- Having such varied interests and abilities. ↠ I think I’m a polymath. I have so many interests and some take a backseat while I focus on a new one from time to time.
What’s Hard About Being a Seven
- Not having enough time to do all the things I want. ↠ Time is finite, there’s never enough of it.
- Not completing the things I start. ↠ Yeah… sometimes life happens.
- Not being able to profit from the benefits that come from specializing; not making a commitment to a career. ↠ Yes. I went to college, had a great job, and threw it all away because I realized it wasn’t what I wanted. Sometimes that takes time to figure out, but I have no regrets about my past, I’ve learned from it, and sometimes I’m still a flake with a commitment to career goals.
- Having a tendency to be ungrounded; getting lost in plans or fantasies. ↠ I’m always in my head and escaping reality. I love planning and building dreams into reality.
- Feeling confined when I’m in a one-to-one relationship. ↠ Sometimes. It more so happens when I’m alone with someone else other than my husband.
Type 4: The Individualist
Individualists have sensitive feelings and are warm and perceptive.
How to Get Along with Me
- Give me plenty of compliments. They mean a lot to me. ↠ I’ll take ’em if you got ’em.
- Be a supportive friend or partner. Help me to learn to love and value myself. ↠ Sometimes that’s hard to do on my own.
- Respect me for my special gifts of intuition and vision. ↠ I’m super intuitive. I have grand visions, and I need respect for these attributes.
- Though I don’t always want to be cheered up when I’m feeling melancholy, I sometimes like to have someone lighten me up a little. ↠ Yeah, it’s nice.
- Don’t tell me I’m too sensitive or that I’m overreacting! ↠ I hate that… it basically means you’re dismissing my feelings.
What I Like About Being a Four
- My ability to find meaning in life and to experience feeling at a deep level. ↠ So deep.
- My ability to establish warm connections with people. ↠ I love making connections.
- Admiring what is noble, truthful, and beautiful in life. ↠ Always seeking truth and beauty.
- My creativity, intuition, and sense of humor. ↠ It’s rare, but it exists.
- Being unique and being seen as unique by others. ↠ I like being different and not a part of the mold.
- Having aesthetic sensibilities. ↠ Sure.
- Being able to easily pick up the feelings of the people around me. ↠ Yes, and I’m overly empathetic, so don’t cry around me unless you want me to start crying too.
What’s Hard About Being a Four
- Experiencing dark moods of emptiness and despair. ↠ Sometimes life can get lonely, and I can get in my head.
- Feelings of self-hatred and shame; believing I don’t deserve to be loved. ↠ A horrible past has made this a struggle, but I think I’m better for it now.
- Feeling guilty when I disappoint people. ↠ Yes, I never want to disappoint someone. I’m a people pleaser.
- Feeling hurt or attacked when someone misunderstands me. ↠ Yes, but maybe it’s my own fault for not articulating clearly.
- Expecting too much from myself and life. ↠ I have high demands and expectations that rarely work in my favor.
- Fearing being abandoned. ↠ Yes, one of my worst fears.
- Obsessing over resentments. ↠ Yes, and it eats me up inside and haunts me.
- Longing for what I don’t have. ↠ Yes, but I need to be reminded, the grass isn’t always greener.
There you have it… this is my personality in a nutshell. It would be interesting to see if this test would vary if I took it elsewhere, or if our enneagram types can ever evolve or change. I think this information has been insightful to help me have a deeper understanding of myself as well.